FREE DELIVERY*. NO MINIMUM. THROUGH August 31st.
Curbside Pickup now available.
Welcome to Amsterdam - a city where the past and present collide.
Whether you want to cruise the reflective waterways, wonder at the works of the Old Masters in the Rijksmuseum, or indulge in the city's hedonistic nightlife, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Amsterdam has to offer.
Rich in heritage, Amsterdam's perfectly preserved 17th-century mansions invoke the wealth and majesty of the city's Golden Age. But Amsterdam is much more than it's opulent past. Bubbling with creativity and liberalism, the streets are awash with cutting-edge art, theater, and food. And while night owls flock to the infamous Red Light District, families will find a huge mix of attractions and activities that won't fail to keep the kids entertained.
Our regularly updated guide brings this picturesque city to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our trademark illustrations.
- our pick of Amsterdam's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Amsterdam, from the Central Canal Ring to the Museum Quarter, Plantage to Noord
Have less time? Try our pocket-friendly Top 10 Amsterdam for top 10 lists to all things Amsterdam.